There is a scientific part of OBE or astral projections, meditation, not to mention the mental state that many may come to experience during an evocation or invocation. So if we begin where it all starts…. let’s discuss the “Brain”:
Your brain pulsates with electrical impulses. This electrical activity can be measured with a piece of equipment called an electroencephalogram (EEG), which measures the frequency of the electrical current. This frequency or speed of the brainwaves is measured in Hertz (Hz). The prevailing frequency that your brain is resonating at any particular moment can be associated with your frame of mind. This means that your frame of mind, for example, relaxed, excited, or tired can be visualized in your brainwave frequencies at that instant. These frequencies and associated states have been studied for a long time. They are referred to as the five brain states. These five distinct brainwave frequencies are Alpha, Beta, Theta, Delta and the lesser-known Gamma.
Each frequency, measured in cycles per second (Hz), has its own set of characteristics representing a specific level of brain activity and hence a unique state of consciousness. Learning mind control at the deeper states of consciousness opens you up to the world of your subconscious mind where you can create your reality at will and with exact precision. It is important to understand however not necessarily remember the all the specifics regarding the frequencies when in transcendental states, exercising astral projection, or when in some cases your inner self may be vulnerable towards psychic invasion. In the case of psychic invasion OR in the intentional invasion of others it will take practice in understanding your limits and the surroundings that you encounter within your semi and subconscious state in order not to feel drained once you have become conscious.
- Alpha (7.5-14Hz): Alpha brain waves are present in deep relaxation with the eyes usually closed and while day-dreaming. The relaxed detached awareness achieved during light meditation is characteristic of Alpha and is optimal for programming your mind for success. Alpha heightens your imagination, visualization, memory, learning, and concentration. It lies at the base of your conscious awareness and is the gateway to your subconscious mind. Brainwaves between 8 and 12hz are classed as alpha waves. Alpha waves appear when an individual is relaxed, and are associated with associative thinking – daydreaming, for instance – and the imagination. Closing the eyes (whilst awake) causes an instant surge of alpha activity.
- Beta (14-40Hz): Beta brain waves are associated with normal waking consciousness and a heightened state of alertness, logic and critical reasoning. As you go about your daily activities you are in Beta. Although important for effectively functioning in everyday life, higher Beta levels translate into stress, anxiety, and restlessness. With the majority of adults primarily operating at Beta during their waking hours, it is little wonder that stress is today’s most common health problem. The voice of Beta is the little nagging chatterbox of your inner critic, which becomes louder and more relentless the higher you go in the range. Beta is associated with concentration, “busy thinking” and general movement. Alpha and beta waves together make up the brainwave frequencies which appear when an individual is awake. Alpha dominates when an individual is in a state of relaxation, and beta when an individual is in a state of alertness.
- Theta (4-7.5Hz): Theta brain waves are present during deep meditation and light sleep, including the REM dream state. Theta is the realm of your subconscious mind. It is also known as the twilight state as it is normally only momentarily experienced as you drift off to sleep (from Alpha) and arise from deep sleep (from Delta). A sense of deep spiritual connection and oneness with the Universe can be experienced at Theta. Vivid visualizations, great inspiration, profound creativity, exceptional insight as well as your mind’s most deep-seated programs are all at Theta. The voice of Theta is silence. Theta is also associated with creative thinking and allows us to tap into our inner genius. Theta is associated with REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, during which dreaming occurs. Theta is generated by the hippocampus, which is a part of the brain responsible for forming memories. They also appear during meditation. However, those with an override of Theta frequencies usually demonstrate symptoms of ADD/ADHD [inattentive ADD/ADHD, as opposed to other types of ADD such as over focused] exhibit too little Beta (thinking) activity and too much Theta (dreaming) activity. This is the classic inattention to ADD. With ADHD, hyperactivity keeps people from falling asleep. In essence, the person is combating the high Theta activity and keeping themselves aroused (by increasing their Beta activity).”
- Delta (0.5-4Hz): The Delta frequency is the slowest and is present in deep, dreamless sleep and in very deep, transcendental meditation where awareness is completely detached. Delta is the realm of your unconscious mind. It is the gateway to the Universal mind and the collective unconscious whereby information received is otherwise unavailable at the conscious level. Delta is associated with deep healing and regeneration, underlining the importance of deep sleep to the healing process. This is a highly sought after state by those who practice deep meditation for enlightenment. Most of an infant’s brain activity is in the delta range, but by adulthood, delta waves are no longer present when a person is awake.
- Gamma (above 40Hz): Gamma activity is related to perception and consciousness, as well as higher mental activity. Gamma has the highest frequency 40 cycles per second and above. Advanced meditation and yoga practices associate the Gamma brainwave frequency with a state of pure compassion. Researchers have also discovered that the Gamma brainwave range is associated with a heightened sense of perception, mood and information processing. The most recently discovered range is Gamma which is the fastest in frequency at above 40Hz. Little is known about this state of mind, initial research shows Gamma waves are associated with bursts of insight and high-level information processing. Flashes of sudden insight or understanding is associated with Gamma frequencies. High gamma wave activity is associated with above average intelligence, and children with high gamma activity have been found to have higher than average language abilities, cognitive skills, and attention spans.
Lets focus on taking frequencies beyond its limits.
Gamma brainwaves are considered the brain’s optimal frequency of functioning. Gamma brainwaves are commonly associated with increased levels of compassion, feelings of happiness, and optimal brain functioning. Gamma brainwaves range from the frequency of 38 Hz – 70 Hz and have a tiny (virtually unnoticeable) amplitude. Gamma brainwaves can be found in virtually every part of the brain. They serve as a binding mechanism between all parts of the brain and help to improve memory and perception.
Benefits of increasing gamma brainwaves:
- Increased intelligence
- High level of focus
- Boosted memory
- Enhanced perception of reality
- Binding of senses
- High-level information processing
- Natural antidepressant
- Higher energy levels.
- Improved perception / consciousness
However again too much Gamma frequencies upon the brainwave patterns have adverse effects such as spells of high anxiety levels. Gamma brainwave activity decreases; susceptibility to depression, stress, and unfocused or impulsive thinking may overtake the brain. Practicing on your own, increasing your Gamma frequencies is quite easy and including self-hypnosis, sleep meditation and yoga. Try my binaural Gamma frequency Mp3 to see how your performance differs!
Important Medical Warning
Use at your own risk and care. Please seek the medical advice of your physician if you have any pending or ongoing medical conditions that are under the care of your physician and see a Medical Doctor check if you are at risk before you use any binaural type sundaes. Binaural sounds should not be used by pregnant women, those using a pacemaker, and those who have had or are prone to seizures or are epileptic. Do Not Use If You Have a History of Epilepsy, migraine headaches, or Psychiatric Disorders, or if you have a damaged or compromised Brain. Do not use if you are taking psychiatric medications. Here is a video of the latest abuse of using the methods described above.